It’s hilarious that non-Americans on Tumblr are all like “OMG DENNY’S TUMBLR MAKES ME WISH I LIVED IN AMERICA SO I COULD EAT THERE,” while us Americans will literally only eat at Dennys if it’s 3 in the morning and we’ve lost control of our life.
"I… struggle with anxiety sometimes, especially when promoting films like this. Just the life of doing what I do, being in the public eye, it’s a stressful environment." -chris evans
It’s okay, Seb. Take your time. [x]
New Arrivals is telling a pretty strong watermelon-inspired color story today. :)
GIVEAWAY - Marvel’s Captain America: The Winter Soldier: The Art of the Movie (Hardback/Slipcase)
I am giving away a copy of Marvel’s Captain America: The Winter Soldier: The Art of the Movie!! As The Winter Soldier is easily my favorite Marvel film to date, I pre-ordered this book without a second thought. Then I said to myself, “Why not give away another copy as thanks for reaching 16,500 followers?” And here we are.
The description of this product (as found on Amazon):
Continuing their popular ART OF series of movie tie-in books, Marvel presents its latest blockbuster achievement! Featuring exclusive concept artwork, behind-the-scenes photographs, production stills, and in-depth interviews with the cast and crew, THE ART OF CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER is a deluxe 232-page keepsake volume that provides an insider’s look into the making of the highly-anticipated film directed by Joe and Anthony Russo, and starring Chris Evans, Scarlett Johansson, Samuel L. Jackson, Cobie Smulders and Sebastian Stan!
What must one do in order to enter this giveaway, you ask? The rules/guidelines are as follows:
- You may like this post once and reblog it twice.
- You do not have to be following me, but I would appreciate it if you checked out my icky blog. I post a lot of video games and superheroes/supervillains/brain-washed-best-friends-turned-assassins. And cry. That’s it. That’s my life.
- No giveaway blogs.
- Must be comfortable with giving me your address as this item will be mailed directly to you.
- I will ship nearly anywhere. Even if you live on Asgard, I’ll find a way to get this to you.
- Giveaway will end on April 20th, yo!
- Will be using a Random Number Generator to select the winner.
- In case you are skeptical, here’s proof I have two copies pre-ordered.
- You may also read a stellar review on this artbook (via parkablogs) right here.
If you have any questions, you can find me here or on Twitter (I am more likely to respond via Twitter as the messaging system on Tumblr is a tad wonky). Good luck and don’t forget to cry about Bucky Barnes!
Athousandbookstoread’s 100 Followers Classics Giveaway!!
UPDATE: As of now (April 8, 2014 at 5:30 PST), if you reblog this more than three times in a row, OR more than three times in an hour, you will be disqualified. PLEASE DON’T SPAM YOUR FOLLOWERS.
Thank you all for making this blog a success from the start! To commemorate this great beginning, I will be hosting a giveaway for my followers. Here are the rules and conditions:
- You must be following me.
- Likes and reblogs count (but please don’t spam your followers!)
- "Giveaway" blogs are ineligible.
- The books will be shipping from Amazon (if you are in the U.S.) or Book Depository (outside of the U.S).
- You must have your ask open.
- You must be willing to give me your address for shipping (I will use this information only to ship the item to you and will destroy the information immediately once it has been shipped.)
- Contest ends April 15 at 10pm PST. Winners will be announced April 18 at 8pm PST and must respond by April 20 at 11pm PST.
There will be two winners.
First Place will get to pick one book from the following list:
- Celestina by Fernando Rojas (Dual-Language edition)
- Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
- Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes
- Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
- Gulliver’s Travels by Jonathan Swift
- Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad
- The Hunchback of Notre Dame by Victor Hugo
- Inferno by Dante Alighieri (dual language edition)
- Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
- Two Spanish Picaresque Novels by Anonymous and Francisco de Quevedo
- Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
- The Poem of Mio Cid (Dual Language edition)
- The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas (Abridged)
- Oronooko by Aphra Behn
- Paradise Lost by John Milton
- Peter Pan by J.M Barrie
- The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux
- The Canterbury Tales by Geoffrey Chaucer
- Theogony and Works and Days by Hesiod
- Uncle Tom’s Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe
- Autobiography by Benjamin Franklin
- The Epic of Gilgamesh
Second Place will pick one from the following:
- Bacchae by Euripides
- Everyman and other Miracle and Morality Plays
- Doctor Faustus by Christopher Marlowe
- Life is a Dream by Pedro Calderon de la Barca
- The Way of the World by William Congreve
- African-American Poetry
- The Cavalier Poets
- Goblin Market by Christina Rossetti
- Lyric Poems by John Keats
- World War One British Poets
I attempted to select a variety of different works to give the winners many options. If you are unfamiliar with any of these classics, I would of course be more than happy to recommend something based on your interests! Or if you would prefer a blind date with any of these classics, I would be willing to do that too.
Thanks for your support! I can’t wait to pick the winners!
four days left!
Int:.Congratulations that’s great, number one movie in America!
To celebrate my 300 followers, I am doing a book giveaway!
Here are the rules:
- Only reblogs count. You can reblog as much as you want but don’t spam your followers
- You must be following bookpillows. (This giveaway is about thanking my followers after all)
- No giveaway blogs!
- You must be willing to give me your address. I promise this information will be kept confidential and secure.
- Your ask box must be open so that I can contact you if you win. If you do not reply within 24 hours I will move on to the next winner.
- Three winners will each pick One book. The winners will be chosen through a random number generator.
- The winners will be able to chose any of the books listed above.
- This is an international giveaway, but I will be using the book depository, so make sure your country is listed on their page.
- This giveaway ends on May 3, 2014.
- If you have any questions direct them here.